Scholarship money generally comes from three sources:
- Private Scholarships
- Scholarships offered by the future school
- Big Foot High School Local Scholarships and Foundation Scholarships
*Specific scholarship information is posted Google Classroom.
Private scholarships can be accessed in two ways:
- A student can go and find scholarships by searching the internet and networking with others. Many students choose to use a scholarship database, like Going Merry, to streamline their search. Many databases exist and they can be an efficient way to apply for and win scholarships; please, however, do your homework to make sure the scholarships for which you are applying are legitimate.
- Private Scholarship opportunities will also come to the student via Google Classroom
Scholarships Offered by the Future School
- Most future schools have scholarship opportunities even for incoming freshmen
- Some schools use a student's admissions application as his or her scholarship application as well, but some do not
- Some scholarship deadlines are ahead of admission decision timelines; it's possible a student could win a scholarship even before he or she is admitted to a school
- The fastest way to learn about scholarship opportunities at future schools is to go to the school's webpage and search scholarships
Big Foot High School Local & Foundation Scholarships
- Any senior at BFHS can apply for a scholarship
- All students should consider applying as most [if not all] students can be awarded some money