FAFSA is OPEN
- Please consider filling out your FAFSA as an essential step in the process of planning for life after high school
- If you have any questions you can contact the financial aid office at any school of your choice
- If you would like free help on the FAFSA consider attending a College Goal WI event, as a bonuse those who attend have an opportunity to win a scholarship!
George Williams College (GWC) Dual Credit Courses [Spring 2019]
- APPLICATION MATERIALS ARE DUE BY 2:30pm on October 26th to Mr. Paul
- Any student who takes a GWC class will receive college credit from GWC and high school credit from Big Foot
- Seniors with a cumulative grade-point-average of 3.25 or an ACT score of 21 may apply
- Juniors who are academically ready can also apply, if spots remain after seniors are placed, juniors could get a course
- Tuition is FREE
- Students are responsible for renting or buying books and transportation
Courses for this spring include:
BIO 2200: Humans and the Environment
CHM 1200: Principles of Chemistry
ENG 2060: Creative Writing
MTH 2320: General Statistics
PSC 1200: Introduction to US Government
SOC 1100: Introduction to Society
SWK 2050: Drugs and Human Behavior
SWK 2150: Violence in America
* Course descriptions are available in the Dual Credit Agreement
Application for Admission
Dual Credit Information for Spring 2019
Dual Credit Parent/Student Agreement Form
* All forms are available in Mr. Paul's office
Financial Aid Night Overview
BFHS students and families learn about financial aid and scholarships.
Financing Education by Shari Duclos, Financial Aid Administrator (UW Whitewater)
Should you sign up for an ACT?
Info from the UW-System
- The next ACT is October 27th
- Students who are interested can up at ACT Sign Up
Hugh O' Brian Youth (HOBY) Leadership of Wisconsin
- Three-day leadership conference for high school sophomores
- Purpose: "prepare our country's high school sophomores to become effective, ethical leaders in their home, schools, workplace and community"
- We get to send one candidate for sure
- Sophomores, please communicate your interest to Mr. Paul by Friday, September 28th
"8 weeks of career exploration and exposure to industries you didn't even know existed"
United States Senate Youth Program
- Students from every state visit our nation's capital and attend a series of seminars and discussions with senators, representatives, and officials of the executive and judicial branches of our government
- All expense paid trip
- Each student chosen receives a $10,000 scholarship to defray the cost of higher education
- Available to any high school junior or senior who is serving in an elected or selected capacity in government, student council, or state-level civic or educational organization
- Two students from Wisconsin will be chosen
- March 2-9, 2019
More information can be found at:
Application (Due October 15th, 2018 at 8 am) is available at:
Wisconsin American Legion Law Enforcement Career Academy
Are you a junior interested in a career in law enforcement? If so, this opportunity is for you.
Senate Scholar Program
"The Senate Scholar Program is an intensive week-long educational program offered by the Wisconsin State Senate. Admission to the program is highly competitive and is limited to 33 academically exceptional high school juniors and seniors from around the State of Wisconsin. Each Senate Scholar receives a hands-on, up-close view of the Legislature’s role in our democracy. The Senate Scholars gain experience working with Senators and legislative staff in such diverse areas as policy development, constituent relations, and processing of legislation."
More information can be found at:
*Applications are due November 21st
Young Scholar Program (Marquette University)
Juniors and seniors in the top 25% of your class please see the attached information below on the Young Scholar Program. In short, the Young Scholar Program "provides an enriched experience in college-level science, medical diagnostics and laboratory testing, all while participants earn a college credit at Marquette University".