Academic and Career Planning
Academic and Career Planning (ACP) is a state initiative that seeks to advance how schools facilitate career exploration and connect current coursework to future plans.
Key information to know about ACP:
- A school's ACP plan must include a process and a product
- The details of our process [for facilitating academic and career planning] are posted below
- The product aspect of ACP is required for the class of 2021
- Our entire staff participates in ACP
- We acknowledge the challenge of planning for the future with many students who feel pressured and unprepared to do such planning, yet we also believe strongly that planning for the future is essential to maximizing a student's high school experience. Therefore, we artfully attempt to bring the future into focus enough so that our students can make confident, well-informed decisions about the future while also doing our best to honor the present and encouraging each student to enjoy the journey.
- Ultimately, our goal is to work together so that every student has multiple opportunities to explore, develop and refine his or her academic and career plans