BFHS has a Job Opening for High School Assistant Principal/Athletic Director
There will be a job opening at Big Foot High School for an Assistant Principal/Athletic Director next year due to a retirement. The start date will be July 1, 2020. All interested applications should apply on WECAN.
Big Foot Union High School is looking for an outstanding Assistant Principal/Athletic Director. As one of ten union high school districts in the state, Big Foot Union High School is recognized by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) as both a high school and an independent 9-12 grade district with approximately 500 students. We have our own school board and our own district administrator (i.e. superintendent). We collaborate with four area partner elementary schools (Fontana, Reek, Sharon, and Walworth) which are also independent or joint PK-8 districts. Together the five schools combine to form the Big Foot Area Schools Association (BFASA).
Our most recent report card showed BFHS to exceed expectations, and our ACT scores were above the state average for the first time since 2015. We look to continuously improve using redefining ready metrics, peer mentor coaching, and professional learning communities; while offering a comprehensive curriculum full of opportunities for students in academics, activities, arts, and athletics.
Big Foot High School is located at 401 Devils Lane in Walworth, WI. The Village of Walworth is located in southern Walworth County.
- Master’s Degree with academic training in educational administration and the high school level learner.
- At least five (5) years of successful public educational experience, with experience in high school teaching and/or administration.
- Valid certification by the State of Wisconsin as a school administrator.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations, trends, and issues in the field of education.
- Experience with school leadership, continuous improvement, and best practices.
- Experience with educator effectiveness.
- Ability to leverage technology, Redefining Ready metrics, peer mentor coaching, and PLC's for management purposes and student achievement.
- Visionary curricular leader and culture builder.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with students, staff, administration, parents, and community.
- Knowledge and ability to implement a school wide strength and conditioning program for athletes.
- Additional certifications encouraged, but not required.
~Posted March 25, 2020