BFHS Shares Information Regarding End-of-School-Year Procedures
Due to the unforeseen circumstances with COVID-19, BFHS is adjusting our student end-of-year checkout process. The following information will include material fees and fines, potential refunds for Quarter 4.
Student Account Information:
All materials that students have in their possession as of MAY 4, 2020 will be listed on the student’s Fees and Fines list in PowerSchool under their student account. All families will receive the student’s account balance via postal mail. This balance is what is due if materials are not returned to Big Foot High School at the end of the school year. When students return items will be removed from their account immediately based on what is returned.
- This process will allow for families to be aware of all materials their child(ren)’s has in their possession prior to the EOY Checkout dates.
- It will also allow for the EOY Checkout process to be expedited
Potential Refunds: BFHS is planning to issue refunds for the following items at the completion of the return of student materials.
- Parking Fee = $15 (4th quarter)
- Spring Sports Fee = full amount refunded
- Outstanding Lunch Balance will be refunded to Seniors ONLY (upon request), returning students will be credited to 2020-2021 school year balance
- All materials must be returned by May 29, 2020
- All fees need to be paid in order to participate in any graduation activities (if applicable)
- If all fees are paid, PARENT/GUARDIAN may request a refund or apply the credit to a sibling
- There will be a Google Form for senior parents to select how they want to receive any payment they may be eligible for. Each senior must have a completed Google Form to participate in graduation. The link will be made available on or before May 15, 2020, and must be completed by May 25, 2020. Refunds will be made by June 14.
*NOTE: RETURNING STUDENTS
- If all fees are paid, the credit will apply to next year or you may request a refund
- Underclassmen account balances will be rolled over and applied to next year’s fees unless there is a request for disbursement from the parent. There will be a Google Form made available after June 4, 2020, for parents requesting disbursement of their account balances. Refunds will be made by June 30.
Student EOY Material Return:
We are still in the process of creating a plan and schedule of what this looks like. We DO NOT expect students to be returning items till the school year has come to an end. When a plan and schedule is finalized, it will be sent out and communicated ASAP.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me!
Stephanie Potter – Accounting Coordinator
Hours: M-F 8:00am – 3:00pm
~Posted April 30, 2020